Here are a few PDF files describing the new functions in the Beta.
This is a first preliminary tutorial showing SimCam for turning.
Explanation of the new cycles in the Beta.
Introduction to new things in this Beta.
We do not have much documentation of the new features yet but here is a list of the most noticeable changes made in the new Beta:
- Several bugs and issues has been fixed.
- Added serial communication.
- One can now have spaces between XYZ and the value (e.g. X 100).
- Added Copy and Paste of SimCam contours.
- Made Layers panel semi-transparent when losing focus.
- Added Import and Export of DXF Files.
- SimCam contours now have an origin point (for rotate, move etc).
- Added Move, Rotate, Mirror, Scale on SimCam contours.
- Added Fillet and Chamfer commands for SimCam contours.
- Added Contour Append command with tracking and “Follow mouse” options.
- Added Delete last object option for SimCam contours.
- Added Rectangle and “Follow mouse” options when creating contours.
- Made the SimCam menu smarter, for example when opening at the bottom it moves up.
- Moved the Lathe tools to a special SimCam document for flexible editing.
- Added G76 Threading Cycle for lathe machines.
- Added G74 Drilling Cycle for lathe machines.
- Added “User Blocks” to SimCam layers.
- Added Turning to SimCam.
- Improved cutting graphics of Lathe workpieces.
- Added G70 Finishing Cycle for lathe machines.
- Added G71 Roughing Cycle for lathe machines.
- Moved post processors, interpreters and editor definitions to the machine files (for future customizations).
- Made the post processor script-able.
- Added a file-name label to SimCam toolbar.
- Added CTRL-click on SimCam layers to make them the only visible layer.
- Added double-click on SimCam layers to open the parameters.
- Added + and – keyboard commands to increase and decrease simulation speed.
- Added space-bar keyboard command to start and stop fast forward simulation.
- Added MRU (Most Recent Used) file lists for CNC and SimCam files in the main Files menu.
- Added File-preview Open File dialogs for CNC, SimCam and Machine files.
- Added Codes –help window in the Help menu.
You can now download a beta version of the new CNCSimulator Pro Ver 1.2 from our download page.
This version contain the functionality mentioned in the last post as well as new file browsers, recent file shortcuts and more.