We have uploaded a new version that fixes the problems some users with ATI/AMD cards had. If you are affected by these issues, uninstall your current version and update to version 220.127.116.11 or later.
Important notice to users of the free version.
Version 18.104.22.168 of the simulator will expire on Monday, November 23, 2015.
All versions prior to 22.214.171.124 will expire on Monday, November 16, 2015.
Download and upgrade your version today to avoid interruptions.
Platinum Edition users can continue to run old versions but we encourage everyone to update to the latest one.
The long awaited version 2.0 is finally here. Download today and enjoy tons of new features, fixes and improvements.
We have good and bad news for free users. In an intent to improve sales to cover increased costs for support staff, servers and developers, we have had to limit the free parts of the program. See our comparison table for details. The good news is that all users get a free trial period of 30 days with full Platinum Edition functionality before the program goes into the limited free mode.
Also please note that all previous versions will soon expire. Upgrade today to avoid interruptions.
We have started to write tutorials for all the new features in Version 2.0. Head over to the CNC Academy for more (bottom of the page). More will follow…
We are excited to release the beta version of CNCSimulator Pro Ver 2.0. Make sure you download it and test out all new cool features.
Here are some of the new features the update brings:
- A new tool called “Gear Maker” for creating gears in SimCam.
- A new CNC Analysis tool for getting information about your CNC code.
- “3D Maker”, a new tool for creating toolpaths from 3D STL files.
- Serial Terminal for direct communication with project boards like Arduino.
- New command $RotateWorkpiece to rotate the workpiece.
- Machine Info under “Machine Info and Codes”.
- New G75 grooving cycle for lathes.
- Indicator in the editor that shows the last executed block.
- New feature: “Simulate from cursor” to allow to start simulation anywhere in the program.
- New machines, like for example a 4-axis milling machine.
- New commands to create lathe and milling tools on the fly.
- New $Color command to color surfaces in milling machines.
- Quick simulation, super fast simulation.
- Fanuc style U,V and W incremental code words.
- Improved G70 and G71 cycles in lathes.
- One-block G71 cycle.
- A function to save lathe workpieces as milling workpieces, so a project can be machined in both a lathe and a milling machine.
- A special function to easily create tutorials for trainers.
- $Cutting command in lathes to programmatically look inside the part.
- Arc Calculator to create G02/G03 arcs with ease.
- Polar Coordinates calculator.
- Corner fillet and chamfer calculator.
- Feeds and Speeds calculator.
- Snapshot function.
And much more…
We are working on in-house beta testing of the new version 2.0. It is full of exciting new features! This video shows the most important ones.
No release date yet. But stay tuned for updates.
Phew! We have now updated the online help to reflect all new features and functions in the new version. If you find any errors or anything that is missing, please let us know and we will fix it as soon as we can. We want the online-help to be as complete and correct as possible. Next step will be to look over the tutorials at The CNC Academy so that they also we be up-to-date with the latest version. Thanks to all for your valuable feedback and for supporting our project!
The new version is here!
Version 126.96.36.199 Stable
We are finally done with all the updates and testing of the new version.
A big thank you to all of you that have contributed with suggestions, issue reports and general beta testing. We would not have been able to do this without you.
It is great to have such a knowledgeable, active and engaged user group!
Main updates since last stable release are:
- Serial communications
- DXF Import and Export
- More SimCam features
- Customizable lathe tools in SimCam
- More cycles for lathe machines
- SimCam for lathe machines
- More virtual machines
- Scripting and plug-in capabilities
- Preview file dialogs
- Jog controller, physical interface as well as a virtual one
- Create prefabricated lathe workpieces from SimCam contours
- Flip and rotate workpieces for both milling and turning
- Dock the layers window in SimCam
For a complete list of updates, head over to:
Download your copy of the new version at:
We ask everyone for a bit of patience while we update the online-help and tutorials to match the new version.
And please let the suggestions and the feedback keep coming. We will never rest in our quest to create the most awesome CNC simulator possible!
Check out our latest product video for 2014.
New features shown in the video are coming soon.
In version 188.8.131.52 (coming soon) we have added support for the excellent ShuttleXpress Jog Shuttle from Contour Design.
The shuttle has different functions depending on if the jog enable switch is activated or not. See picture below.
You can get the device from this Amazon link.
And here is a link to a downloadable settings file so you will get the correct key mappings.
In the software for the ShuttleXpress, import the file to get the correct key mappings.
There is also a model called Shuttle Pro.
It has more programmable buttons and removable keycaps for easy labeling. It can be used with the CNCSimulator Pro as well, but you will have to map the keys yourself as we do not have a settings file for it yet.
These are the current keys used in the CNCSimulator Pro (from ver 184.108.40.206).
|CTRL+F1||Jog Minus or Decrease Sim Speed||Depends on the Jog Enable Switch|
|CTRL+F2||Jog Plus or Increase Sim Speed||Depends on the Jog Enable Switch|
|CTRL+F3||Jog Mode STP or Start Simulation||Depends on the Jog Enable Switch|
|CTRL+F4||Jog Mode X or Pause Simulation||Depends on the Jog Enable Switch|
|CTRL+F6||Jog Mode Z or Fast Forw. Simulation||Depends on the Jog Enable Switch|
|CTRL+F7||Jog Mode Tool or Step Simulation||Depends on the Jog Enable Switch|
|CTRL+F8||Jog Mode Y or Stop Simulation||Depends on the Jog Enable Switch|
|Arrow right||Pan Right||3D view only|
|Arrow left||Pan Left||3D view only|
|Arrow up||Pan up||3D view only|
|Arrow down||Pan down||3D view only|
|Page up||Zoom out||3D view only|
|Page down||Zoom in||3D view only|
|Num keyb. center key||Reset view||3D view only|
|Plus key||Increase Sim speed|
|Minus key||Decrease Sim speed|
|Space||Toggle Fast Forward|